home           about           eat           create          travel         




my first half

February 28, 2013

this past sunday was a whirlwind experience!! i completed my first half marathon at disney world! it was the princess half marathon. this past summer i trained for a half marathon and it was cancelled the night before due to heat. i was so excited this was going to be my first major race.
it came all too early when the alarm went off at 2:45 am on sunday morning..but it was all worth it. the race began at 5:35 am running down the disney freeway, down mainstreet usa, through cinderella's castle and ending inside epcot. what a cool experience!! although 26,000 runners all around me is probably not my ideal running.. i am glad i did it!! every half a mile or so they had characters you could stop to take pictures with. i took many pictures on my phone as i ran by but didn't wait in any lines to get my picture with them... i wanted to keep running!





my name among the other 26,000 runners






 ^^these were the gorgeous pictures greg got as a spectator while i was waiting at the starting line^^







 disney mainstreet!!! so crowded but i didn't care at this point because it was so amazing!!



 these were the awesome mile markers along the entire route
^^^can you believe all of this garbage!?!? good thing disney was exceptional at cleaning right away 


yay i did it!!!! here is my first half marathon medal!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment